HOST is looking for a Student Worker for International Students (0,4 fte) in Groningen
Our vision is to see students built into communities of disciples, transformed by the gospel, and impacting the university, the church and society for the glory of Christ. HOST is part of IFES Netherlands, which is part of IFES World. IFES World supports locally led student movements in over 170 different countries.
There are wonderful opportunities to welcome and connect with the many international students who live and study in Groningen. In your role you inspire, motivate, and help local students, student unions and churches in providing hospitality to internationals. You model, inspire and mobilize individuals and groups in finding ways to relate to internationals in the city in a meaningful Christ centred way. In this you provide (personal) coaching, training and help organise activities that connect. A part of your work is to invite financial partners to develop the financial basis of the work
We are looking for someone…
- With a passion for God, prayer, outreach, and discipleship;
- Who wants to live out of God’s grace, follow Jesus and be a student of God’s Word;
- With a heart for international students;
- Who is culturally (and theologically) sensitive;
- Who is relational and loves networking and connecting;
- Who can work in an intercultural setting;
- With leadership qualities that inspire, motivate, and enthuse young leaders;
- Who is a good communicator;
- With vision and perseverance;
- With abilities to strategically develop the work;
- Who is flexible, proactive, and accountable;
- Who is willing to search for financial partners to develop the financial basis of the work.
- BA/MA at University or Hogeschool or international equivalent;
- Fluent in English;
- Intercultural experience;
- Theological knowledge is helpful;
- Knowing Dutch is helpful;
- Living in or close to Groningen is preferable.
This will initially be a paid appointment of two days a week that is expected to grow if the fundraising results are sufficient. As a student worker you are primarily responsible for raising sufficient finances from within churches and your own circle of family, friends and acquaintances. The appointment is for one year with the possibility of extension. You will receive a fixed salary in accordance with scale 8, and the employment conditions scheme of IFES Netherlands applies.
More information about this position can be obtained from Jan Joost Snoek (email@example.com / 06-41629008). For more information about HOST, look around on this website.
Send your letter of application with CV to IFES Netherlands to: firstname.lastname@example.org, stating ‘Application international student worker HOST Groningen’ or use the form below!